Tuesday, July 1, 2008

4 days to go and a bump in the road!

Well, we are 4 days away from leaving for China! I am so excited that we are so close! I keep wondering about what Arianna is doing these last few days and what she is thinking about as she gets ready to leave the only home she has ever know forever. Is she maybe a little sad to leave her friends, but also happy knowing that it is her turn to have a family? Probably some of both and maybe some fear of the unknown. I have spent many hours over the last months praying for her and for us as we become a family.
We have also had some unexpected excitment this week because my husband Tim and our daughter Annika had an accident on Tim's motorcycle. On Saterday they were out on a fun ride on some country roads and came up on a stop sign without any warning. Tim looked both ways to make sure there weren't any cars coming and then grabbed the brakes. The front tire locked up and they hit some gravel on the road and rolled the bike. Both of them have pretty bad road rash, Tim tore up both his arms, fractured his pinky on his left hand and tore up his knee and leg on the left side. Annika scraped up her elbow and arm and possibly fractured her elbow. She has a few scraps on her back but otherwise is doing fine. Thankfully, things were not worse then they are and this will not delay our travel. But, I am about done in trying to deal with their injuries, caring for them, keeping up with Alenna, running errends, and taking them to the Drs.! I feel tired just writing it out! Tim and Annika do seem to be feeling better today, so I'm hoping they will be able to do more for themselves today and I can get back to getting ready for our trip!

6 comments:

Difference2This1 said...

Oh! More stress on top of everything you are doing to get ready! Hope your daughter and husband continue to feel better. Hopefully that long plane ride will give you a chance to rest before you hit the ground running in China. We'll keep ALL your family and Arianna in our prayers and look forward to keeping up with you in China!

kim said...

I am so glad that everyone is alright and no one was seriously injured! Oh, it could have been awful. Praise God!
So, I know you're busy, but I've tagged you with an honor of sorts. Play along if you like, but if you don't have time, totally understood. Go to my blog to see the "award" and thank you for your blog. You are a blessing to me.
Kim

Tricia said...

I went to your blog and thought it was wrong because it looks just like mine! Anyway, we will be praying for all of you as you get ready to leave, and for healing for Tim and Annika.

Christy said...

Thanks for all your prayers! They are starting to pay off! Tim and Annika are both on the mend and are feeling much better. I have been able to get all our stuff done and we are ready to go!

Demara said...

Wow going to China? That should be fun. Will you be going to live there or to pick up another child?
Curious,
Demara
p.s. I LOVE Asian kids. They are SO cute!!!

Christy said...

Demara, we are going to China to pick up our new 10 year old daughter. We think our kids are pretty cute too. Christy