Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day Three with Arianna




Today was another wonderful day with Arianna. She is such a joy and so easy. I feel like I am on a very nice vacation. Today was a pretty quiet day, we mostly stayed in the room because it was raining all day. The weather has been really nice. Not to hot, but still very humid.
Arianna has warmed up to us today. Last night she would allow us to hold her hand and hug her, but she really didn't seem to want us to get to close. This morning when she woke up, I got down on the floor next to her. She said "MaMa" and grabbed my hand and held it close to her. After that she just opened up and by this evening she gave me a kiss on the check and was happy to give me a hug. We also had a lot of fun today playing tickle with her and Annika. She has the sweetest laugh. Arianna and Annika also chased each other around the room including over the bed. After a few minutes of that we decided it was time to get out of the room! Today has been such a good day and I know tomorrow will be even better. I know that life will never be the same again, it will just be better!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christy,
What beautiful pictures! It's so nice to see such a big smile on Arianna - can't wait to see all of you in person!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

So happy for you! Your mom gave me the blog address tonite at church and I have been looking at your blog ever since! So neat that Arianna is warming up to all of you and especially Annika! God has blessed you richly and like you said, life will never be the same again. So neat! We are excited to see all of you in person. I saw Alenna Sunday and of course she said, "Where's Claire?" The kids are in such great hands with grandma and grandpa. Brian says grandma is a slave driver then he smiles his sweet Brian smile. Anyway, I was so excited to be able to follow along on your adventure! So glad Tim and Annika are okay. God is good my friend!

Love, Coral :)

Beth said...

What a beautiful smile. We are so happy for you and your family...all seven of you. You are in our prayers. We can't wait for you to get home.
Beth

Carol said...

What a blessing! Thanks for sharing your journey with all of us! Looking forward to seeing you all home and meeting beautiful Arianna ;)

Anonymous said...

So thrilled all is going so well! She is beautiful! Can't wait to meet her, you are in our prayers!
hugs
Cheri Black and family