Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 5 with Arianna







Boy, what can I say? It was just another wonderful day! Each and every day has been so wonderful and Arianna is so good and each day she gets even better. This has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. I just can't say enough good things about adopting an older child. Sometimes I think back to the beginning and think about some of the fears I had with adopting an older child, but Arianna has just blown out of the water any fears or thoughts of fears I had. She is just amazing! Her laugh is just so beautiful to hear, and when she kisses me and tells me that she loves me, I am just a puddle on the floor! She is truly a joy and is so much fun! Her and Annika get along so well, and play together all the time. She is also getting better with her English every day. Today she told me that she wants to be an English teacher. I thought that was very sweet. She also knows her ABC's and can read some English. She comes up with a new phrase she has learned every day also.
I think the highlight of her day though is getting to talk to her best friend Lauren. When it is time to call, she just lights up and is almost bouncing off the wall she is so excited. I love to hear Arianna and Lauren just chat away in Chinese. They get so animated when they talk. Well, it is time to get two tired little girls to bed!

0 comments: