Thursday, July 24, 2008

First week home!





Well, we have now been home for almost a week. And what a week it has been! It feels like it has been a month since we have stepped off the plane. So to recap what has been happening I will start with our flight out of Guangzhou, China.
We left our hotel the White Swan at about 5:45 am. We drove to the airport went through all the security and check in process and then sat and waited until it was time to board. When we boarded our first flight I told Arianna that she had to wear the seatbelt. She was not happy about that at all! She cried the first and only tears I have seen over the seatbelt! After about 10 minutes of trying to get out of wearing her seatbelt she finally realized I meant business and she was going to wear it whether she wanted to or not. She quite fussing about it and settled in. We never heard another peep from her the rest of the trip home. She was a wonderful traveler.
When we stepped off the plane at our final destination we had to go through US customs and Immigration. Boy, was that a pain! You wait and wait and wait in line only to be put into another line were you wait some more. When you finally get through the lines they take you to a room were, you guessed it you get to wait some more! About two hours after our plane landed we finally got to meet our friends and family that were waiting so very patiently for us. Arianna and her best friend Lauren also finally got to see each other again after a four month separation. They didn't rush into each others arms like I thought they would have, but they did have a very sweet reunion. We spent the weekend with Lauren's family and friends so that Lauren and Arianna could spend time together before we came home. I hardly saw Arianna the whole weekend, her and Lauren were having so much fun together. I was glad to see that they had the chance to see each other and spend that time together. I also enjoyed spending time with Lauren's mom. We have also become good friends, so it was just as enjoyable for me as it was for Arianna.
On Sunday we had a nice drive home and stopped and did some shopping along the way. The kids got some new back to school clothes, and I got some great deals on them. so we were both happy. After we got home we rested for awhile then went out to DQ to meet some friends to introduce them to Arianna.
On Monday I had to do some grocery shopping, I think that Arianna was pretty overwhelmed with the store and wasn't quite sure what to think. She was able to pick out some things that she wanted and hopefully will eat.
On Wednesday we went to the park to play, Arianna really enjoyed that! She just played and played. I'm sure we will be back to that park again soon.
On Thursday I introduced her to an online learning site and she spent most of the day working on her English. I was watching her and she was doing really well. I don't think it will take her any time to be fluent in English. She already has alot of words and understands quite a bit of what we are saying to her. Arianna is a very sweet girl and you only have to tell her once to do or not do something and she remembers it. She is picking up new words every day. She loves her sisters and bothers very much! It feels like she has always been here. The way they run around the house and play it makes my heart just melt. When she gives me kisses and tells me that she loves me, I am just a puddle on the floor. I am so thankful that she is our daughter, and that the Lord chose us to raise her.

2 comments:

Difference2This1 said...

We are SO glad you are all home safe and sound and doing so well. The pictures of Arianna are just beautiful- her smile just lights up her face now. Thank you for sharing your journey with the world- we were blessed to follow it! Jennifer

Jill said...

Congratulations on your first week home.

From the outside it sure looks like it is rolling along smoothly.